Welcome to my World.



Monday, May 17, 2010

Fishcreek Park

Some more pictures of my day at fish creek park.

This little frog was blended in so well in the pond i'm surprised i managed to notice him. I was trying to take a picture of the water reflections when i noticed him nestled in the grass.



This little robin was only here for a moment before he flew away. I would have loved to get closer, but i guess i need to practice swift, quiet walking.



Ants are such fascinating little creatures to me. Take note to the ant closet to the top, it is carrying a baby ant in it's mouth. I have no idea what they were doing, i think possibly transporting the babies to a different section. These pictures were the most incredibly hard pictures i've ever had to take, their nest was in a tree and they covered the ground where i had to stand to get in close enough to photograph them. They did not appreciate me trying to get in close. I kept getting attacked. I would have to jump back and shake my feet and run back in and then run away. I gave up, but i was happy to get these few shots





This ant was a pleasure to photograph, I had noticed a couple ants by a different tree a little later in the day not near a nest, they must have been out looking for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment